TERMS & CONDITIONS / GDPR NOTICE
Last Updated 2/5/18
1. When placing an order, please ensure that the goods are suitable for their intended use. We will advise you on which goods are suitable for your needs but can not be held responsible if information provided by the consumer is not accurate.
2. Heat outputs and running costs quoted by the manufacturer are approximate due to variation in site and flue conditions.
3. All goods remain the property of Fire Bricks until paid in full. If a customer fails to pay for the goods after receiving reasonable notice. we shall take legal proceedings to recover the goods and or their value.
4. All delivery dates are based on information provided to us in good faith by the manufacturers. We will make every effort to deliver the product within a reasonable time from the date of order, however in the case of unforeseen circumstances, beyond our control we will notify the customer and deliver as soon as reasonably possible. We accept no responsibility for any fitting or other charges incurred by the customer, resulting from a delay in receipt of goods.
5. In order to rely on the manufacturer’s warranty / guarantee, customers must ensure that the appliance is installed by a Gas Safe / HETAS registered installer and is fitted as per the instructions / regulations. The customer must also ensure the fire / stove is serviced by a suitably qualified person at the service interval specified by the manufacturer.
6. For goods that are collected by the customer, we can not be held responsible for damage caused by incorrect handling or storage. Customer’s are advised to examine the goods for any visible damage before they leave the premises.
7. Due to the casting method used to make all cast iron products e.g. cast inserts and frets, there may be some small markings in the cast, such as pitting, lines and small black areas. These are quite normal and should not be though of as a defect. Due to the nature of the casting methods used there may be slight differences in colour between trims and frets.
8. All images and sizes on our website are provided in good faith and show approximate sizes and measurements provided to us by the manufacturer. Whilst we endeavour to ensure there accuracy, it is advised that you consult the manufacturer to verify the size of the item before you purchase. As specifications can change, it is important that you check with the manufacturer if sizes are critical to your installation. Manufacturers reserve the right to change their product without notice at any time.
9. These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply to future orders.
10. We reserve the right to refuse the supply of goods ordered by you at our discretion without providing a reason and to deliver to any particular postcodes which would incur significant additional cost or risk.
11. On receipt of your order we may find the price quoted for the goods has changed. If this happens we will inform you of the new price and ask if you would still like to proceed with your order. If you are not prepared to accept any further charges then we will refund all monies paid by you and terminate the contract with no further liability to either party.
12. All our goods are delivered by a courier service, therefore we only offer kerb to kerb delivery, in some cases the driver may help you carry the product inside if you ask him but it is not part of his job. Please ensure you have someone there who can help you carry the items inside.
13. Stove / fire glass, firebricks, coals / ceramics are consumable products and as such do not have a guarantee / warranty regardless of age.
14. Stove & Fire glass fronts do require maintenance by the customer in line with the manufacturer’s instructions. Some discolouration may occur after use which can be removed by the customer as per the manufacturers instructions.
15. Orders placed over the phone are also subject to these terms and conditions of sale. By placing an order with us over the phone, you automatically accept these terms & conditions.
16. Occasionally due to circumstances beyond our control, there may be additional delivery charges not quoted at the time of order. Although these are very rare, these are the charges passed onto us by our courier and on these unusual occasions we will contact you to ask whether you would like to pay this charge or cancel your order. Generally, this will only effect Islands and Highlands of Scotland (not in all cases).
In order to prevent unauthorised access to the data, which you have provided to us, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information. From time to time industry regulators and our auditors may require us to disclose some or all of the information for legal or regulatory purposes.
Under the Data Protection Act, you have the right to see any data that we hold about you and to object at any time to the use of your data. We hold data to primarily validate delivery details and manufacturer warranties.
Shipping and Returns Information
Our main aim at Fire Bricks, is to provide you with an excellent shopping experience at every stage of your purchase. Whether it is before purchase or after, we’ll do our best to make you happy.
Placing your order
When placing an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received your order. Once we have checked the price and availability of goods, your order will be accepted and the contract will be formed as soon as you receive our shipping notification e-mail.
In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing mistake, we will advise you of this. You will not receive a shipping email from us and your order will not have been accepted, and there will be no contract between us.
At this stage, should we have any further questions about your order, we will make contact with you by email or phone. We advise that you check your email everyday during the order process to prevent any delay in receiving your goods.
Our aim is always to despatch your goods as quickly as possible. Some items, we are able to deliver in as little as 24 hours from ordering. The majority of items will be despatched within 3 days of receiving your order.Delivery Tips
We ask, that you do not to book the installation of your goods, prior to you receiving them. Due to circumstances beyond our control, occasionally, dates may change without notice.
We are pleased to deliver to all of mainland UK. Unfortunately, due to previous experience we are unable to deliver outside of the UK. This includes Ireland, The Channel Islands and other offshore destinations.
In some cases, due to additional charges levied by our couriers there may be a small delivery charge for your goods. This tends to be limited to Scotland, and you will be shown the additional charge when you checkout. We stress that this is only the case in an absolute minority of orders and we only pass this charge on if we are charged ourselves.
Some of the remote post code areas attracting this charge are ZE, BT, IM, AB, DG, EH, FK, G, KA, KY, ML, IV, KW, PA, PO30-PO31 and PH, these areas will incur an additional charge which will be shown to you at the checkout.
We only use the best national courier services to deliver your parcel. Your delivery will arrive courtesy of Fedex.
If you are not there to receive the delivery, the courier will leave a card so that you can re-arrange delivery at a suitable time for you. If you re-arrange the delivery and are not there at the arranged time, then a missed delivery charge of £15.00 may be added to your card to cover our costs (this does not happen in the majority of re-delivery cases).
Deliveries are door to door, or in the case of items on a pallet, kerb to kerb. It is very important you have enough people available on the day to handle the goods once they are at the door / kerbside.
Delivery is free on most items, however some items will carry a delivery charge to mainland UK destinations, and this will be quoted to you at the checkout.
Due to constant change in the wholesale prices of goods, we reserve the right to amend our prices without prior notification. Should this affect any order you have placed, we will of course contact you to discuss your order.
Receiving your Parcel
Our courier will deliver the goods direct to your door, and will require a signature from the person accepting the delivery. We can not claim for any damage to the goods caused by the courier if you sign for them as “received in good condition”, which is standard on most courier’s delivery notes. If you notice any sign of damage at all (even to the box), have concerns, or the courier refuses to let you check the goods, please mark the delivery note as “box damaged” at the time of signing.
Signing as Unexamined or Unchecked will not cover you for insurance purposes so please either check carefully before signing or if the driver can’t / will not wait, sign for the parcel as damaged.
All our goods are delivered by a courier service, therefore we only offer kerb to kerb delivery, in some cases the driver may help you carry the product inside if you ask them but it is not part of our contract with them. Please ensure you have someone there who can help you carry the items inside.
As soon as the goods have been despatched, the responsibility for the delivery cost will be yours.
If you have any questions, about delivery, please do not hesitate to contact us. Due to the nature of the courier service we use, we are unable to confirm a delivery time for your order it is normally between 8am and 6pm.GDPR NOTICE
Here at Fire Bricks (Wirral Fires Ltd) we take your privacy seriously and we will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us.
We will not contact you other than for the administration of your order and for any after sales issues related to your order.
We will only pass your details to other companies for the purpose of administering your order and any after sales / service issues. This may include wholesalers, suppliers, manufacturers, transport companies and engineers.